Are you a very creative or crafty person and would like to work from home and earn money while doing what you love to do most?
Where more than 33 million buyers from around the world spend more than 3 billion dollars on the Etsy platform every year?
If so, read my Etsy reviews for Sellers to determine if it’s the right platform of choice for you!
Etsy Review For Sellers
- Listing Fee – 0.20 cents to publish a listing
- Transaction Fee – 5%
- Payment Processing Fee – 3% + $0.25 of the sale price of each listing
Owner/CEO – Josh Silverman, Headquarters located in Brooklyn NY, USA
Overall Ranking: 7.5/10
Pros & Cons
Who Is Etsy Selling For?
Etsy Tools & Training
My Final Opinion!
Verdict! Legit or Not Legit!
Etsy is an e-commerce website providing a professional Seller Community of Entrepreneurs from all over the world with a secure and safe platform to grow their businesses on.
Items can be either homemade or non-homemade as long as they are designed by you and vintage items listed must be at least 20 years and over.
If you really enjoy painting, sewing, crocheting, knitting, wood-working, or are very crafty in any way shape or form then Etsy just might be the best platform choice for you to seriously consider selling your products.
The best thing about Etsy is that you have access to a massive global market (millions of customers), therefore an optimal opportunity for you to earn a whole lot of money working from home.
Even if you are not tech-savvy. Etsy is really easy to sign up and open a seller account.
If you prefer, they even process online payments for you so you don’t have to worry about it.
Sellers do, however, have to properly package and mail their own products out to the buyer. Plus handle returns and directly communicate with them (on the Etsy site) concerning product details, questions or concerns they may have.
If Sellers have production partner(s) who contribute to the making process of the product, they MUST include all the details of the person(s) involved in their About section.
Reselling of products that are not made or designed by Sellers is absolutely prohibited in the home-made category and Sellers will be flagged.
Pros & Cons Of Selling On Etsy
PRO #1 – No screening process so anyone is welcome to sell their products on the Etsy platform. Just open up a seller account here and they will help you set up the rest.
PRO #2 – Allows Sellers to create their own return policies.
PRO #3 – Access to a Global Market of millions of buyers, therefore a good possibility to excel in this business and to earn a lot of money.
PRO #4 – Sellers can build up a really good reputation using the star rating system. Make a lot more money if your product exceeds customer’s expectations by receiving great reviews from buyers.
PRO #5 – Secure payment system provided through the Etsy platform.
PRO #6 – Opportunity to build a great buyer/seller relationship to increase future sales.
PRO #7 – Set your own payment schedules. Weekly if you choose.
CON #1 – If there were any problems with the products, Sellers have to take care of returns which could become costly.
CON #2 – May have to deal with an angry buyer if they’re not satisfied.
CON #3 – May have to sell products for less when first starting out until you build up a good star rating.
Who is Etsy Selling For?
- Crafty People
- Anyone who can create a cool unique homemade item
- Anyone who wants to sell items over 20 years old
Etsy Tools & Training
Tools provided at Etsy will allow Sellers to spend more time on their shop and less on the managing stuff.
1. Etsy Managing:
- Manage your business anywhere – Sell on Etsy to manage orders, edit listings and respond to buyers instantly from anywhere in the world.
- Save Big On Shipping – Buy and print discounted postage for your orders in seconds right from your Etsy Account.
- Create your own Website in minutes – Design a custom website.
2. Build Your Brand
- Grow a Following – by crafting the perfect posts for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.
- Boost your availability with ads – Reach millions of shoppers on the Etsy platform with easy to use advertising.
- Attract New Customers – Create a sale or coupon and directly send it to shoppers inboxes with a targeted offer.
3. Choose Your Own Path To Success – Standard or Plus Plans
1. Etsy Standard Plan – Is everything needed to start your business at no additional monthly cost.
2. Etsy Plus Plan – For $10 per month, Etsy provides an additional set of tools to help jump-start the growth of your brand.
Etsy’s Plus Plan Includes:
- Customizable Options – New Banner templates and featured listing options that put your product into the spotlight.
- The ability to e-mail customers when your product has been restocked so you don’t lose out on sales.
- A 50% discount on a custom.com address or get a.store address free for 1 year.
- 15 listing credits and $5 in credit to advertise your items with Etsy Ads every month.
- e-mail or request a phone call regarding any questions.
- Learn the best tips for success using Etsy’s Seller handbook.
- Read Etsy’s success newsletter for tips to improve your shop delivered straight to your inbox.
- Get advice and ask questions inside Etsy’s Community forum and teams.
- Listing Fee – .20 USD cents per listing and listings are active for 4 months or until they sell.
After an item is sold there are 2 more fees:
- Transaction Fee – 5%
- Payment Processing Fee – 3% + $0.25
All payments are done on their secure, SSL-encrypted platform, and have security specialists and fraud detection systems to protect you and your buyers 24/7.
How Do Sellers Pay Etsy?
- Shop owners are sent a bill at the end of every month regarding how much money they owe and they have until the 15th day of the following month to pay it.
How Do Sellers Get Paid From Etsy?
- Money from sales is deposited directly into the Seller’s direct bank account in their Country’s currency no matter how or where the buyer pays.
- Sellers can set their own payment schedule. Most choose to get paid weekly. So for example, money is sent to your bank every Monday by Etsy and then it typically takes up to 2 to 3 days for the money to be available to you.
My Final Opinion!
I have never been a Seller on Etsy but I do have a friend that does very well selling her creative, homemade personalized items there. I am, however, an active Etsy buyer and have always liked everything I purchased from the website.
I wrote this review to encourage more women to start their own home-based business. If, you have any creative talent or know of something you can create, try selling it on Etsy. You may be quite pleasantly surprised at how well you can do there.
I am not a creative person or know of anything I can make to sell on Etsy. This is why I chose the Affiliate Marketing route instead.
If, you ever desired to learn how to make money online.
Check out my #1 recommendation here where I got started.
I’m very happy with the training I am receiving. You will not make tons of money overnight. But I do know for sure that within a year or so I will be making passive income online that will last a lifetime!
You will get all the help you need to design and create a website to grow your Etsy business. They offer a FREE Starter Membership Course that you can keep forever or go you can choose Premium for only $1 per day and learn everything there is to know about growing a business online.
Verdict: Legit or Not Legit
Etsy is legit. Etsy has been around since 2005 and has been doing very well and growing every day. There are more than 33 billion buyers from around the world shopping on Etsy and you can really grow an online business there.
Have you ever bought anything from Etsy and either liked or disliked their products?