Is Convertkit free? Well, yes, and no! They say the money is on the list! One of the last things you want to do when just starting online is to pay for a monthly e-mail service if you really don’t have to yet, right? That’s exactly how I felt when I first got started and needed to start building my e-mail list. So, I did thorough research and finally found the best solution for me.
Price: FREE, Starting at $29/month
Owners: Nathan Barry & David Wheeler
Overall Ranking Score: 9/10
Is ConvertKit Free? – Overview
Let us see if Convertkit is also right for you? What does Convertkit FREE offer that other e-mail providers do not? I’ll explain in a minute.
First this is why e-mail marketing is important to online business…
E-mail will remain an important part of our daily life. Almost every one of us receives several letters of various kinds every day. E-mail marketing is an effective way to “reach out” to your target audience.
People love it when they are addressed personally. Modern email marketing does not just letter with a story about your services or online activities. Today’s newsletters are smarter, more technologically advanced, more humane, therefore in the huge information stream that hits the consumer, attracting attention with the next letter in their mail is the top of skill, and converting people into a client is a real art.
To easily organize email-delivery, ConvertKit comes to help.
So, what is Converkit?
It is an email marketing software cultivated for online creators like bloggers, web developers, designers, illustrators, and even freelancers. The company was founded in 2013 by Nathan Barry and David Wheeler; now, the team has about 35 hardworking members who strive to be better in their industry.
Watch the video to learn how to install their awesome WordPress plugin!
Convertkit Pros & Cons
- ConvertKit is the formal name of the company. The name’s meaning is “Selfless Service.” You cannot come up with a more selfless service than email marketing. ConvertKit has cultivated a great system and develops it daily, so its users can easily build email automation the first time they use it.
- Tag-based system – here is the key to ease of email automation. You can tag your subscribers by their interests or by the actions they take, or you can see how they interact with your offered service/product, and after the study of the audience, you can do it automatically.
- Another advantage is that you only pay once for one subscriber, which means you can tag the same subscriber many times, but you’re free from further payments once you pay for him.
- Free Migrations to any creator wanting to move from another e-mail marketing platform. Just fill out the migration form and move over very easily.
- Use Convertkit within any niche. Some autoresponders do not integrate well with the making money online niche, but Convertkit will work well with any niche.
- NEWEST FEATURE – The FREE PLAN allows for up to 500 subscribers. This includes unlimited customizable CTA’s & sign-up forms, 30+ premium landing page templates, unlimited traffic, customizable domain setup, mobile responsive designs, seamless Unsplash integration (free stock photos), e-mail broadcasts, subscriber tagging.
- Community support.
- Two FREE online courses to help you with getting started step-by-step in e-mail marketing. Included with free accounts only.
- Very user-friendly. Perfect for beginners.
- WordPress plug-in feature.
Just the last 3 pros alone are what convinced me to sign up with Convertkit! You can also sign up for Completely FREE here or keep on reading to learn more.
- In email marketing, not everything is easy. Yes, you determine your targeted audience, make a list of them and start sending the emails. Still, definitely, a part of the list will continually ignore and delete your emails, and you’ll have to delete the subscribers who are not reading your emails. It’s a little difficult to delete them with ConvertKit.
- When you study the market of email marketing software platforms, you’ll definitely find many services at a lower price compared to ConvertKit. The service ConvertKit provides us is more expensive but worth it. Especially the value you will receive with their FREE plan!
Who Is ConvertKit For?
ConvertKit is an email marketing software for people who are engaged in online activity. If you are a blogger, podcaster, or businessperson who builds an audience, this is for you. What’s interesting about ConvertKit is that the whole process is being completed transparently, like from scratch till the end.
In 2020, ConvertKit has already about 30,000 active customers and monthly revenue of $1.7 million.
So, why use ConvertKit?
First of all, it helps send the right offers to the right audience. It surprisingly develops the email deliverability rate, which is the ratio of the email addresses’ number. And finally, it offers strong customer support through live chats, video tutorials, support documentation, and emails.
If you are looking for ways to really learn and understand how to create the best lead magnets and landing pages for your target audience, then ConvertKit is definitely for you. Everything you will need to know will be answered for you in their FREE course for beginners. More details below.
- Simple Segmentation while sending emails – the first feature worth mentioning is the ability to segment individual emails using conditional tags. How does it work? Imagine you want to create a single email for all the list members but add a discount coupon for only VIP customers. ConvertKit will help you to do it.
- Seamless Visual Automation Editor – ConvertKit’s Visual automation editor is a real joy to use. The system allows the modifications of every step you take in your workflow. For example, the first step is email sending. While you open dozens of tabs to edit your emails, it can cause the loss of your context. So this great feature will edit everything starting from your email design finishing with the forms.
- Auto-resend broadcasts – Probably this one is the coolest feature. It’s normal and even expected that a certain number of people won’t open the emails, maybe the heading didn’t interest them, or they were busy to read it. With the help of this feature, your emails are being automatically sent to the subscribers who didn’t open the first emails. Just find a ‘Resend to Unopens’ button, and VOILA, everything’s done.
- A/B Testing Feature – Improves your conversion rate by allowing you to experiment with 2 different e-mail subject headings that get sent out to your subscribers. This will help you know exactly what subject lines convert the best and continue to use.
FREE PLAN – Amazing in my opinion.
- Up to 500 subscribers – the best way to getting started without having to pay anything.
- Unlimited landing pages and forms.
- Send e-mail broadcasts.
- Subscriber tagging.
- 2 free e-mail marketing courses to get you off to a great start.
FREE Course 1 – Build – 4 modules/16 lessons: Get started with your online business and find your first 100 subscribers.
FREE Course 2 – Launch – 4 modules/20 lessons: Create a digital product and earn your first dollar online with a successful launch.
Creators on the FREE plan can take part in ConvertKit’s “Refer a Friend” program to also unlock the following:
- Each successful referral lets both you and your friend add 100 subscribers to manage for free.
- To more friends you refer to create a ConverKit account, the more subscribers you can add in your own account (limited to 1,000 subscribers).
Start your FREE PLAN and discover how awesome ConvertKit really is!
Complete Plan – If you are on a Complete plan you can also add more subscribers through the Refer a Friend program.
When you are fully interested in using ConvertKit, it gives you a 30-day free trial for users who have up to 1000 subscribers. The price depends on the number of subscribers. After the first month, if you want to continue using it you’ll have to pay $29 for up to 1000 subscribers.
For 1000-3000 subscribers, the price is $49/month.
For 3000-7000 subscribers the price goes for $79/month.
The more subscribers you have, the more expensive fees you’ll pay, for 10,000 you’ll pay $119, and for 50,000 subscribers the payment is $379.
ConvertKit’s support is still at its high level. They offer a live chat 24/7 and are actively supporting by emails. The response time ranges from 1-2 hours, but instead, the live chats are always immediately responsive.
Have you heard of OptinMonster?
This is How ConvertKit integrates with OptinMonster?
ConvertKit + OptinMonster = A powerful integration
Jetfabric.com offers you a data integration tool, which allows you to show OptinMonster popups to special ConvertKit’s customer segments.
It suggests you:
- Personalize your popups – which means personalized content integration in your messages, like the customer’s name or coupon code.
- Add contact channels – you will gain access to your customers through their different channels, like Facebook or phone numbers.
You can read my Optinmonster Review here.
Final Opinion of ConvertKit
Suppose you’re a blogger or entrepreneur who wants to go on vacation but does not lose the business’s activity, then ConvertKit will be a perfect match for you. First of all, define what you want from the email automation software, what’s important for you, and only start your cooperation.
If you don’t have a website yet and are interested in learning how to create passive income online to provide a better future for yourself and your family, you can check out My #1 Recommendation to get started for FREE as well!
In my opinion, CONVERTKIT IS THE BEST FREE E-MAIL SERVICE PROVIDER for beginner online marketers/entrepreneurs.
Do you also agree? Is ConvertKit free perfect for you?