Etsy shop only allows 100% hand-made and vintage items that are at least 20 years old to be listed on their e-commerce website. So, What Is Etsy Shop About? If you have ever had any trouble finding the perfect gift for that special someone in your life, look no further. Etsy has got you covered, and I have listed 3 reasons why?
What Is Etsy Shop About?
Etsy an online global marketplace. Etsy acts as the middle person between the seller and buyer. Sellers are both very talented Artists and creative Crafty Entrepreneurs who open up their own store on Etsy’s website. They sell their own homemade products to buyers who are looking for unique items they can’t find anywhere else. Etsy’s headquarters is located in Brooklyn, New York, USA, and has been online since 2005. If you are looking for anything hand-crafted, vintage, custom, or unique, it can be found on Etsy.
3 reasons why buying from Etsy is worth it!
It doesn’t cost buyers anything to sign up for an Etsy account, and you don’t even have to, especially if you plan on just buying only one item. But, by creating an account, you can add sellers to your favorite list, leave reviews for products, and message sellers privately for more information regarding any questions you may have. Here are 3 reasons I believe Etsy is worth buying from.
1. Only Online Platform That Offers So Many Unique Items You Will Not Find Anywhere Else!
I thought products selling on Etsy would be made very cheap, so I really didn’t have any interest in looking through their website at all in the past. Until I really wanted something for my son’s bedroom and couldn’t find it anywhere else. I was searching for this item and came across it of course, only on Etsy!
I decided to give it a chance. After I ordered the item, the seller private messaged me to start creating it and ship it out as soon as the order was complete. I was fine with it not being done right away as it was a mine craft painting, and I knew it would take her time.
The item took a couple of weeks to arrive at my house but it was worth it. To my surprise, the item was made of excellent quality, and my son and I were pleased with the results. It’s best to give sellers some time to create and deliver the product. If you ever need something created asap, you can private message the seller (not Etsy) and ask them when you should expect to receive the item before you decide to confirm the order.
However, we weren’t in a hurry, and the results we received with the painting were worth the wait. Here is the list of categories offered at Etsy so you can know what to expect when going to their website.
Categories listed at Etsy include:
- Clothing & Shoes – Women’s, Men, Kids, Babies, Bags & Purses.
- Home & Living – Home, Bath, Beauty, Pet Supplies.
- Wedding & Party – Supplies, Invitations, Decorations, Gifts, Accessories, Clothing, Jewelry.
- Toys & Entertainment – Electronics, Books, Movies & Music.
- Art & Collectibles – Prints, Photography, Painting, Sculpture, Glass Art, Drawings & Illustration, Media & Collage, Fiber Arts, Dolls & Miniatures.
- Craft Supplies & Tools – Home & Hobby, Jewelry, Beauty, Sewing & Fiber, Papercraft, Visual Arts, Sculpting & Forming.
- Vintage – Must be 20 years and older – Home & Living, Jewelry, Clothing, Art & Collectibles, Accessories, Books, Films & Music, Toys & Games, Weddings, Bags & Purses, Paper & Supplies, Shoes, Bath & Beauty, Electronics & Accessories, Craft Supplies & Tools, Women’s Clothing, Men’s Clothing.
- Gift Cards – Available in $25, $50, $100 and $250
2. It’s Safe To Buy!
Etsy maintains all the transaction records on payments and does not pass on any secure data, including credit card numbers or bank account information, to any seller. Sellers only receive shipping information and limited buyer information that is necessary to complete the order. Ensure you pay Sellers ONLY within the Etsy platform; otherwise, Etsy cannot help you if there are any payment problems. Etsy recommends paying through PayPal, which is considered optimal safety for any online purchases.
You can choose from any of these Payment options:
- Credit Cards
- Debit/Bank Cards
- Etsy Gift Cards or Etsy Credit
- Klorna Invoice Payments (Germany)
- iDeal (the Netherlands)
- Sofort (Austria and Germany)
The prices for most of the items on Etsy are excellent, in my opinion. Here is an example screenshot of what you can get for under $36. Just type in what you are looking for in the search bar and get a whole list of items pop up.
Make sure to check for the Sellers 5 star rating in their profile first before you buy something. That way, you know they are serious about their online business and have a great reputation for shipping out only quality items. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can contact their support team here.
3. To Support Women Entrepreneurs!
With so many talented Women Entrepreneurs from all over the world. I wanted to help support them to continue to prosper in their field of expertise and keep Etsy going.
If you decide to buy anything, please check for the 5-star rating in their profiles, so you know they are serious about their business and have a great reputation for only sending out quality products. Most of us find it difficult to buy a good gift for our special someone, but Etsy makes it a lot easier.
Here are some gift ideas for your special someone:
What can you buy for Men?
- Gifts for the Beer drinkers
- Leather items, bow ties, wallets
- Guitar/Camera straps
- Garage/Hobby items
- Personalized Cufflinks
- Vintage birdhouses
- Outdoor string lights
What can you buy for Women?
- Cozy knits
- Vibrant socks
- Personalized portrait stamps
- Hand-turned walnut bowl
- Hand-crafted designer vases
- Eco-Friendly notebooks
- Cutting boards
- Floral designs for keeps
What can you buy for pretty much anyone on your list?
- Cat furniture, Animal prints, Winter headgear for pets
- Halloween matching costumes for you and your pet
- Gourmet Italian food gifts
- Earth Friendly Items
- DIY Embroidery Kits
- How to make a soothing eye pillow
- Custom camera straps
- Backyard personalized games
- Moon necklaces
- Custom portrait magnets
- Wedding dresses, headpieces, and Tamaras
- Father of the bride gifts
- Keepsake boxes
- Notice me neckties for Men
- Unique holiday cards
- Printable ornaments
There you have a full list of many unique items to choose from on the Etsy platform. If you are interested in checking out all of these plus so much more, click on the link below to discover all the unique gifts offered at Etsy only!
My experience ordering from Etsy was great! I would never have given them a chance if the item I was looking for had been offered elsewhere. Because I had a great buying experience with Etsy, I wanted to share it with all of you too. I know that I definitely plan to return to Etsy every time I need a gift for a good friend or family member.
Have you ever thought about becoming an Etsy Seller? You can even start a blog displaying your products and become an Etsy Entrepreneur even quicker and get more traffic to buy from you!
If you are interested, check out my #1 recommendation, where I first started my blog for completely FREE!
Are you either an Etsy Seller or Buyer?
If so, what was your experience?
Please leave a comment below so we can learn more about your Etsy experience.
Thank you for reading!